Antique and modern furniture is repaired, restored and conserved, having furniture restored can prevent further damage.
These are examples of restoration available.
- Wooden surfaces can be chemically stripped by hand, all of the item or only worn or damaged parts.
- Stains caused by water and heat can be removed.
- New surface finishes applied, traditional French polish, oil, wax paint etc. to give furniture a new lease of life.
- Furniture can be revived by having it cleaned to remove old wax and dirt then re waxed.
- Joints repaired and re- adhered on dining chairs, arm chairs, tables, chests of drawers, boxes etc.
- Split draw bottoms repaired
- Re-veneering of wooden surfaces.
- Chairs re- caned.
- Replacement baize on card tables.
All restoration work is carried out using traditional methods in keeping with the age and period of the item of furniture.
Items can be brought to the shop, collection and delivery can also be arranged.
I am happy to discuss any requirements, and those not listed, on the phone, via e mail and whatsapp.
Examples of restoration work.